Maynard, Massachusetts –zLink, a leading provider of Integrated Workplace and Facility Management Systems software and services, wins the NYCHA Capital Projects Department (CPD) contract to replace their legacy system to manage and maintain design documents to support Facilities and Asset Management.
zLinkFM™ – a state-of-the-art cloud based platform will enable a solution that supports NYCHA Capital Projects Department’s evolving operational processes, as well as the needs of other NYCHA users and stakeholders, to access and maintain the building data, design documents and BIM models, and other drawings and documents for all NYCHA’s assets (2,462 buildings, over 130 million sq. ft.).
- zLink’s Enterprise Drawings Management (EDM) Solution will provide NYCHA:
- Ability to manage Design Documents based on emerging BIM technologies.
- Integrate NYCHA Asset Management information and related Design Documents in a common environment.
- “Anytime Anywhere” ability to use, access, retrieve and view CAD and BIM models using handheld mobile platforms – Tablets and Smart Phones.
- Manage access, updates and dissemination of large volume of drawings and data required to sustain the NYCHA’s and CPD’s mission.
- Life cycle “creation and tracking buildings maintenance” requirements, projected plans and documents across all Housing Developments projects.
- Improve information exchange and collaboration among various stakeholders to increase effectiveness of staff that manage, maintain and service 176,066 public housing apartments in 2,462 buildings.
- Improve accuracy of Facility Design Documentation and Asset information stored in the repository.
- Reduce the time and costs to report, track, and manage a large volume of system wide information that is expected to grow at a rapid pace; and
- Empower employees with agile, innovative technology platform to accomplish their mission
About New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)
The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA), the largest public housing authority in North America, was created in 1935 to provide decent, affordable housing for low and moderate-income New Yorkers. Public housing serves 174,282 families and 396,581 authorized residents, including 3,930 Section 8 households residing in former State and City-funded developments. There are 176,066 public housing apartments in 2,462 buildings in 326 developments throughout the five boroughs. NYCHA public housing represents 8.1 percent of the City’s rental apartments and houses 4.6 percent of the City’s population.
About zLink, Inc.
zLink, has provided Facility Management (FM) software solutions to its clients for over 25 years. zLink has provided Integrated Facility Management Software solutions to Corporations, Universities, Medical Centers and Federal Government Agencies. The solutions are based on its innovative “space-centric visualization enabling” zLinkFM™ platform that tightly couples Corporate and Operational data to Facilities Space.