About OR State Hospital
OR State Hospital (OSH), operating under the auspices of the Oregon Health Authority, provides long-term psychiatric treatment for adults with severe and persistent mental illness who are civilly or criminally committed for treatment. The hospital has beds for
geropsychiatric and medical services for the treatment of civilly committed adults. OSH comprises two sites – Salem Campus and
Junction City Campus, employing more than 2,000 staff and serving more than 1,400 people annually.
OSH was seeking to replace their legacy Accruent CMMS system with a commercial off-the-shelf CMMS Solution, which would:
- Manage assets (physical plant and equipment)
- Monitor and manage preventive and corrective maintenance activities;
- Maintain inventory control including first in, first out (“FIFO”) inventory valuation and real time transactions capabilities;
- Track wholistic maintenance costs that include materials, labor, equipment, and other costs
- Provide electronic checklists that are adaptable to the standards of The Joint Commission for environment of care and life safety
elements of performance.
zLink implemented a CMMS, based on the state-of-the art zLinkFM™ platform, at the Oregon Health Authority’s OR State Hospital (OSH) replacing the legacy system. The system is focused on:
- Improving staff efficiency
- Improved data accurac
- Enhance internal controls
- Enabling technology to meet new Joint Commission requirements.
zLink’s cloud based state-of-the-art CMMS provides OSH:
- Improved employee productivity through a highly intuitive browser and mobile device-based User Interface.
- A common data set accessible “anytime anywhere”
- All information visualized based on accurate floor plans
- A robust Inventory Warehouse management that includes spare parts and hospital consumable items
- An Executive decision-making capability based on an integrated data set to support reports and analysis.
zLinkFM™ implementation included two major technology initiatives to meet Joint Commisssion requirements:
1. IoT and sensor based real-time technology to monitor and manage ALL cooling equipment for patient food and medicine storage; and
2. Patient Property Inventory Management (PPIM) capability to receive, manage, store, and disburse patient property.
The zLink implementation has enabled OSH to streamline operations and allow better insights and decision making to make building processes and infrastructures more efficient, more productive, more responsive, and fiscally responsible.